Monday, November 15, 2010

Bad Typography?

So, my second semester of school I needed an example of bad typography for my Intro to Graphic Design class.  I did what all good students do and waited till the last minute to find a my example using google images.  While I was browsing through the hundreds of amazing images that you get by searching for "bad typography examples" I can across this poster titled "How Bad Does it Have to Get" by Enkeling.
The poster reads "How Bad does it Have to Get in Order for You to Start doing Something About it?"
Enkeling's blog is filled with illustration work and typographic posters. Most of his typographic posters appear to be heavily influenced by the Psychedelic-poster style. Most of them seem nearly impossible to read at first, but when you stair at them long enough you will start to see the words.  I've spent hours staring at his posters trying to read the hidden messages.

His blog can be found here. He's hasn't done many of these posters lately, so you'll have to look back several pages to start finding his better typographic posters. Fair warning: some of the illustrations that you'll pass over while looking through the pages are quite... interesting and sometimes disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment